24 October 2010

Uncharted Territory

I'm sure this is how I'll feel inside

Tomorrow for the first time ever in my life I will have a non Black/Dominican person do my hair. I am nervous as hell to have someone with straight, limp, shiny hair touch my beautifully kinky, strong as my African roots, mane. I am praying to Baby Jesus, God, Allah, Dios, Jehova, The Holy Spirt, the Universe and all of my ancestors that I don't come out of there looking like a hot ass mess! Why am I even venturing into the murky Caucasian abyss to get my hair done? Well because they are the only ones that I have found in Berkeley that do the Simply Smooth Brazilian Keratin Treatment with out breaking my bank (it is truly amazing and has kept my hair healthy and strong ask me about it!). Maybe some people don't understand my fears, everyone goes to cosmetology school right? Yeah, but they don't all go to the same school or learn the same things and since Black people are only about 12% of the population I don't think that many schools focus too much on the wonderful complexity that is black hair. Soo everyone wish me luck as I venture into the uncharted territory that is the white hair salon! an Update/review will come tomorrow...

*UPDATE* ummm apparently this particular white man cannot press hair and I am a little suspicious about the Keratin treatment too.....I won't be going back! If I need my hair done I will fly to Atlanta and have the Dominicans do it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck hun, I got my hair cut ones with a non black person n when I did my big chop n I was very disappointed but Im sure the people doing this treatment are well aware of what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete