26 July 2010

Play Your Role

Call me old fashioned but I have always believed in men and women playing different roles in the household. I don't think that women should revert back to being a 1950s housewife, but I don't have a problem with being a revamped modern day housewife, who is also the chief council for a big important company. I'll cook, shop and balance the check book, he'll pay the bills, fix shit and kill the bugs, we'll both clean and bring home the [turkey] bacon.

I don't think that I'll ever be the stay at home mom type, because I want to make my mark on the world through my job, but I will make my kids lunches, bake them cookies and make all of their birthday cakes and my husband can teach them how to play catch and swim. Things just run smoother when people know their roles and perform them well; however, I have no problem with guest appearances.

He can wear the pants and the Prada shoes, I'll wear the pencil skirt and the Louboutins.....

2 comments: