02 August 2010

HAIR!!!!



I am a hair chameleon! I love hair, short, long, weave, natural, permed whatever, good hair just looks so damn good!! Even though pretty much everyone else in my family has curly wash-n-go Latino/a style hair, I've always loved my thick tightly wound mane and how it could be transformed. Except, I hate my natural hair color, its a drab dull brown that is not quite 1b but not really 2 either....I almost always have a cellophane/color wash on it.

I've been watching YouTube videos about hair (mostly weave) since last night! Literally, I stayed up until like 3am watching it last night, then I woke up and got at it again I've been watching it ALL DAY(minus a 2hr gym break), until about 11:22pm!! I have always been intrigued with the millions of things you can do with hair, especially black hair, because that's what I have lol.

I've had my hair all kinda ways, weaved, short, permed, curled, purple, red, brown, black etc. currently I am rocking my own hair with a BKT (Brasilian Keratin Treatment) and a bob with bangs. I absolutely love it right now, its just so hard to keep up with all of this damn humidity in Atlanta and working out twice a day isn't really helping either. Yeah, that's right TWICE a day, I'm kicking it into high gear for the rest of the summer, which means back to no carbs :(. Anyway, I have been perm free since November 2009, weave free since May 2010 and with BKT since June 2010. I am kinda getting the weave itch back after watching all of these vids, but I promised myself that I would let my hair breathe and be free until Dec, when I can get that high quality Nija weave hook up (ain't nothing better!), so I am gonna stick to it. It should be much easier to maintain my hair in Cali.

I am about to go do my hair now its around 12am :/ because I am tired of looking like a crazy bush woman turned slave who just escaped from the plantation and has been living in the swamps for 3 months, its depressing. I am sure I will sweat it out tomorrow but at least I'll look good and feel good for a couple hours.

1 comment:

  1. Heyy!! I made a video of my hairstyles!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1tKGFe9WjQ

    ReplyDelete