20 June 2010

Behind Every Great Woman, Is a Great Man (Or Three)

In honor of the 100th Father's Day I am honoring all of my fathers...

João José Gomes

My maternal grandfather has always been an important person in my life. Even though I never met him I have strived my whole life to make him proud and to make sure that his legacy lives on through me. He came to this country in 1957 in order to give his family a better chance at life, he was always striving to do better and always told his children to be the very best that they could be, and the man was fly! He would never, ever leave the house with even a hair out of place, and even when he died he went out classy; lying on a chaise lounge in a tuxedo. From him, I learned to always do my best and look amazing while doing it.


Benjamin Webster Hazard

My dad and I have always been close, no matter what, I know my daddy has my back. My dad is a very talented artist and a very creative person who has always worked very hard to achieve his dreams, you should Google him. He is also a very kind an loving person and never hesitates to give people a second chance. Oh, and he's a Golden Bear like me! From him, I learned to think outside the box and to work hard to achieve my goals.

James Gregory Moore

My Daddy Jim is such a wonderful man. When he married my mom when I was 6 he took me in as his own. He never tired to take my father's place, but was always there to supply me with what I needed. I love him as much as I love my biological father. he is truly a strong black man, in every sense of the word. He is also probably one of the only people that can keep my mom in check and clam her down, and I think God for that, lol. From him, I learned patience and to be Black and proud.

There are many other important men in my life but these three are by far the most important and the most inspirational. Without them I would be nothing, and today I celebrate them. Make sure you give your fathers and all of the important men in your life a great big hug today, cause behind every great, strong powerful, fabulous woman, is a great man (or three). HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment