19 June 2010

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
I recently just faced one of my greatest fears, expressing my emotions. I FINALLY told someone close to me how I really feel, what is really in my heart. I didn't really do it out of bravery, more of anger, but at least I did it. And you know what? it felt good, I'm still alive, we're still friends, there are no hard feelings and now I have a more clear view of the situation. Facing my fears didn't make everything perfect and I am still not completely over my fear of expression, but I do think it helped me to grow and I was able to get something off of my chest that I had been holding in for oh so long. It was truly liberating. Now to work on my fear of spiders.....

No comments:

Post a Comment